“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
Flight offers six therapeutic services:
- Individual and Family Therapy
- Individual Skill Development (Therapeutic Mentoring)
- Wellness Management
- Parent Psychoeducation
- Service Facilitation
Flight is FLYY’s community care program that serves youth, young adults, and their parents or caregivers. Our typical participant is between ages 7 – 35, and parents or caregivers of any age. What sets Flight apart is the methodological framework we use with our clients (experiential education, restorative justice practices, and a family systems approach), as well as our drive and commitment to carry out FLYY’s mission and values. We work with individuals and families using a strengths-based recovery model designed to support long-term success.
In order to promote maximum therapeutic growth, Flight sessions often happen in a non-office setting. Flight staff utilize the non-traditional environment of the session as a tool for success, integration, and to facilitate the growth process. A typical Flight session might be held outdoors to allow not only for verbal processing, experiential modeling, and teaching, but also for healing of the spirit. Other sessions may take place at a coffee shop, in FLYY’s office and kitchen, or within the community learning to use public transportation or to access other local resources. FLYY is able to customize the support needed by each individual and can design a plan that helps each participant become a healthy, productive community member.
The Flight Program’s philosophy includes:
- Use of a modern recovery-based model that allows participants to learn and practice their skills in a non-linear way. This model allows for continued enhancement and application of new tools and skills, and provides opportunities for learning and growth at each stage.
- A relationship-based approach. The relationship that develops between a participant and staff is the cornerstone of all therapeutic work. Flight relies heavily on the ability of our staff to build rapport and trust with each participant, to meet participants where they are at, and to work with participants in a way that is both collaborative and best suited to their needs and desires.
- A carefully considered environment for each session. The physical environment for each session is always impactful, and Flight staff assist in using this as a tool to aid in the mental, emotional, social, and spiritual growth processes.
- Use of Motivational Interviewing and Restorative Justice practices. Participants are guided to reflect with questions intended to help them discover their own motivations,values, and needs, as well as how their choices and words are impacting both themselves and others.
- Strengths and Family Systems-based approaches. Flight staff work with participants always through an optimistic and hopeful lens. Staff also take into consideration the impact of the systems and relationships within participants’ lives and aim to assist them in participating in these in the healthiest ways possible.
To make a referral or for general questions about the Flight program, please call FLYY’s Clinical Director, Jordan Rozeske at 608-512-6109 or email her at email@example.com.