Dialogue & Conflict Transformation Services from FLYY
FLYY offers two types of Dialogue & Conflict Transformation services:
- Peacemaking Circles
Both services create the space for increased understanding and strengthening relationships across lines of conflict, division, and/or varying perspectives.
Both are useful for the following dynamics and settings:
How is Dialogue & Conflict Transformation Useful?
- It strengthens and builds relationships between participants as they share experiences, ideas, and information about a common concern.
- It coaches participants to listen/hear new information and perspectives in attempt to forge a broader understanding of a situation or conflict.
- It allows participants to more effectively communicate with one another as they constructively problem-solve and search for creative solutions to challenges, conflicts, and/or misunderstandings.
- It inspires participants to generate a new understanding of a situation through open and honest exchanges.
- It shows participants that their own beliefs and the beliefs of others are shaped by life experiences and other factors such as age, class, religion, ethnicity, geography, and gender. Openness to learning about others creates increased empathy, often resulting in less conflict and division.
- It helps participants recognize they may be able to learn from people that hold differing beliefs, values, and opinions from themselves. When people believe that they alone hold the whole truth, then there is no need to listen to others. Dialogue & Conflict Transformation services offer a helpful framework. Conflict is normal, and can be a motor of change. For most, conflict makes it difficult to really hear what others are saying. Without proper support, conflict leads to deepening frustration, uneasiness, and outright pain. The lenses of dialogue & conflict transformation addresses and shows the immediate situation, the causes and forces in the conflict (underlying patterns), and the framework with which to handle conflict.
- Dialogue & Conflict Transformation works best when the people involved are open to learning and growing. Participants are asked to respectfully listen, learn, and share their own experiences. The process is based on the ideal that all participants are of equal worth and dignity.