Dialogue & Conflict Transformation Services
FLYY offers three types of Dialogue & Conflict Transformation Services:
- Peacemaking Circles: (Talking, Family, Understanding, Healing, Support, Community Building, Conflict or Repair Building, Reintegration or Transition, Celebration or Honoring, Sentencing)
- Organizational Applications
All three services create the space for increased understanding and strengthening relationships across lines of conflict, division, and/or varying perspectives.
Dialogue & Conflict Transformation Services are useful in the following settings:
- Community: For communities, coalitions, state agencies, municipalities, and Native American tribes looking for dialogue and increased empathy around local issues, concerns, violence, differing perspectives, and harm – Peacemaking Circles or Mediation are useful services.
- Family: For families experiencing conflict, and/or are in need of healing and increased understanding – Peacemaking Circles or Mediation are useful services.
- Workplace: For businesses that seek more effective communication and employee engagement, and are searching for creative solutions to challenges, conflicts, and misunderstandings – Organization Applications is a useful service.
- Schools: For schools seeking to build a sense of community and belonging, to increase social-emotional learning, and to respond to concerns and harm through a restorative lens – Peacemaking Circles are a useful service.
- Justice Systems: For justice systems looking for an alternative to civil or criminal trial. For repairing the harm to the relationships between offenders and victims, the offenders and the community, and seeking to understand and address the circumstances that contributed to the crime – Peacemaking Circles are a useful service.
How is Dialogue & Conflict Transformation Useful?
- Dialogue & Conflict Transformation Services offer a helpful framework. Conflict is normal, and can be a motor of change. For most, conflict makes it difficult to really hear what others are saying. Without proper support, conflict leads to deepening frustration, uneasiness, and outright pain. The lenses of Dialogue & Conflict Transformation addresses and shows the immediate situation, the causes and forces in the conflict (underlying patterns), and the framework with which to handle conflict.
- Dialogue & Conflict Transformation works best when the people involved are open to learning and growing. Participants are asked to respectfully listen, learn, and share their own experiences. The process is based on the ideal that all participants are of equal worth and dignity.
- Dialogue & Conflict Transformation strengthens and builds relationships between participants as they share experiences, ideas, and information about a common concern.
- Dialogue & Conflict Transformation coaches participants to listen/hear new information and perspectives in attempt to forge a broader understanding of a situation or conflict and to generate a new understanding of a situation through open and honest exchanges.